The Summer Is Here!!!! Here Are 7 Simple And Sweet Lemonades!!!!
The summer has arrived and with it brought the heat and the thirst. During this period of time our body is in the necessity of liquids. So beside the water that we drink we all need something refreshing for these days. You will agree that the best refreshing drink is lemonade. And besides its tastiness and refreshment it also gives the body benefits from the lemons. So here are some benefits that you can provide to your body from lemonade:
- Lemonade gives the skin a summer glow: Thanks to the vitamin C in the lemons it makes the skin shiny and smooth. They also heal skin damage caused by the sun and pollution, fighting problems like acne.
- They boost your immune system: Again, with all the antioxidants in the lemons the immune system boosts up.
- Increase iron absorption: Problems such as anemia, hair loss, weakness and other connected with the lack of iron in the system can be solved with lemonade due to the vitamin C in the lemons.
- Help with disease: Researches have shown that with lemons you can fight obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and prevent asthma.
The main ingredients to all lemonades are lemon and water. Other ingredients that you input can make this drink sweeter and delicious. Here are 7 recipes. Try them:
1.Sweet tea lemonade
Here is what you will need:
- 1 sliced lemon
- 4 large springs mint
- 8 black tea bags
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice ( about 4 large lemons)
- Boil on low heat 3 cups of water with the sugar. Wait until the sugar has melted. Remove it from the stove and add the mint and the lemon slices. Leave it to cool off.
- Boil 4 cups of water and add the black tea bags to make a tea. Remove the bags and leave it to cool off.
- Add 3 cups of water in the lemon juice
- Now mix all of the above, the sugar, the tea and the lemon juice. Leave it all together for about 4 hours and add ice cubes to it.
- You can use mint or lemon slices for decoration.
- ½ gallon lemonade
- 112 oz bag of frozen raspberries
First defrost the raspberries and strain them. Then put them in a blender together with the liquid to get a smoothie. Add the gallon of lemonade. You can add more ice cubes, and decorate with mint leaves.
- 3 cups of cold water
- 4 cups of ice
- 1 sliced lemon( thin)
- 1 2/3 cups of superfine sugar
- 1 ¼ cups of lemon juice
- Mash together with a spoon 1 2/3 cups superfine sugar with 1 sliced lemon.
- Add 3 cups of cold water and 1 ¼ lemon juice.
- Stir them together and add 4 cups of ice and the lemon juice. Put them all in a blender.
After blended pour the mixture into chilled glasses.
4.Strawberry – lemon Fizz
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- 24 ounces lemon and lime soda (equally divided)
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries
- Wash well the strawberries and put them in a blender together with the lemon juice and the sugar. Leave some strawberries for decoration.
- This mixture should fill in 8 glasses.
Top each glass with lemon-lime soda and decorate with strawberries.
5.Sweet Pink lemonade
Here is what you need:
- 6 cups of water
- 4 cups of chopped watermelon
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups of lemon juice
The way to prepare it is:
- Boil together 6 cups of water, salt and sugar. Make sure you stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover it and leave it for about 10 minutes
- Put the watermelon and 1 cup of water in a blender.
Add the syrup in the watermelon and mix them together. Strain it and add lemon juice. The lemonade is ready.
Because of the ginger ingredient this lemonade besides refreshment can help you burn fat:
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 12 ounces peeled fresh ginger
- 2 (12oz) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups of water
- Slice the ginger in ¼ inch pieces and together with 1/3 cup of sugar and 3 cups of water boil while stirring all the time.
- When the sugar dissolves, remove from heat and leave it for 30 minutes. Strain the liquid.
Mix this syrup with 2 (12 ox) cans of frozen lemonade concentrate and little amount of water.
7.Spiced- Tea Lemonade
Here are the ingredients for the last lemonade:
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 6 orange spice tea bags
- lemon slices (for decoration)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups of water
- Boil 4 cups of water with the sugar and add the tea bags in it.
- Let it cool off and remove the tea bags.
- Add the lemon juice and 2 cups of water and let it chill for 2 hours.
- Fill in 8 glasses with ice, pour the lemonade and decorate with lemon slices.
It is best if you use organic ingredients so that you get all the health benefits. Enjoy!!!