How Much Sleep Do You Need According Your Age?
Experts think that for different age we can determine how much sleep do you need to feel rested.
The amount of sleep needed so that everyone can feel rested varies. Some say it is enough to sleep for 6 hours, other say that quality sleep should last at least 9 hours.
Experts worked a little on this need of sleep and published that for each person they can determine how much sleep is required according ones age. This realization was achieved by a team of 18 scientist and researchers from reputable medical societies in the USA. They have looked through more than 300 researches about how much time is needed for sleeping, and than they voted how much sleep is needed for different age. Here are the data that The Time has transmitted:
- Newborn ( 0-3 months) – 14 to 17 hours
- Baby ( 4-11 months) – 12 to 15 hours
- Toddlers (1-2 years) – 11 to 14 hours
- Pre-school age (3-5 years)- 10 to 13 hours
- School age ( 6-13 years) – 9 to 11 hours
- Teenagers (14-17 years) – 8 to 10 hours
- Young age ( 18-25 years) – 7 to 9 hours
- Adults (26 – 64 years) – 7 to 9 hours
- Elderly ( over 65 years) – 7 to 8 hours.