After Reading This, You’ll Never Look At Beets The Same Way Again
Beets are a unique vegetable with amazing properties – it doesn’t even matter if they’re eaten raw or cooked. They are known since ancient times, viewed by Hippocrates as a medicinal plant. They were used for treating blood disorders like anemia because of their high content of iron. The iodine amounts beets contain is second to only kale. Beets provide your body with necessary nutrients and flood it with powerful antioxidants.
Reasons why you should include beets in your diet
– Beets contain polyphenols and betalains which can heal the free radical damage and oxidative stress
– They contain numerous vitamins including vitamin B
– Beets are rich in minerals like potassium and folate, which help to keep the heart healthy; magnesium, which is great for bone health; iron and phosphorus which give energy; copper, which destroys free radicals and iodine, a mineral crucial for biosynthesis of thyroid hormones
– Beets contain cobalt which encourages vitamin B12 formation. Without it and folic acid, the red blood cells cannot be formed
– They rejuvenate our bodies with folic acid which helps in the creation of new cells
– The betalain pigments found in beets help our bodies extract toxins
– They improve digestion thanks to dietary fibers
– Beets stimulate the metabolism
– They help us digest vitamin D
– Beets help in prevention of dementia due to their high amounts of nitrates which transform to nitrites in the body. Nitrites open the blood vessels which increases blood flow and helps oxygen to hard reachable areas
– The pectin found in beets is in greater amounts than in carrots or apples. Pectin is responsible for the extraction of radioactive materials and heavy metals from the body, and hinders the spread of harmful intestinal bacteria as well as preventing development of various diseases
As we can see from this article, beets are highly nutrient and important for the human body. Their healing properties help in treatment of a range of diseases and improve the function of major organs as well.