12 DANGEROUS BEDTIME HABITS THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS AVOID!
If you want to get proper rest overnight, you must avoid the following 12 habits:
- Avoid drinking anything before going to bed
If you drink something 1-2 hours before going to bed, you will wake up at least 2-3 times overnight and interrupt your sleep.
- Try to sleep at a pre-determined time
Make a routine of your bedtime and adjust your brain accordingly.
- Keep all electronic devices away!
Staring at your smartphone in bed will only keep you awake, interrupting your sleeping cycle.
- Avoid reading books
If you must read a book before bedtime, read it before going to bed, but never bring your book to bed!
- Avoid bright alarm clocks
This kind of habit will only keep your brain awake and interfere with your sleeping pattern. Choose an alarm clock with dim numbers and you should be fine.
- Never sleep on cheap mattresses
You may not think of it, but a high quality mattress will improve the quality of your sleep and keep you fresh when you wake up.
- Never eat anything less than 2 hours before going to bed
A full stomach in bed will only make it harder for you to fall asleep, as the body will still be processing the food you consumed.
- Exercise at least 3 hours before going to bed
Exercise is very important for your body, but you need to finish your working out at least 3 hours before you go to sleep.
- Keep your feet warm
Cold feet will interrupt your sleeping cycle, so make sure you use a heating pad or put on socks to keep them warm.
- Stick to a schedule and train your body to go to sleep
Try going to bed by following a strict schedule – go to the bathroom first, brush your teeth and wash your face, and your body will easily do the rest.
- Don’t drink caffeinated drinks before bedtime
Coffee keeps the body and mind awake, so you should make sure to avoid it at least 4 hours before going to bed.
- Find your best sleeping position
This plays a crucial role for getting proper rest – a comfy position will make you sleep easier and better. Try sleeping on the side instead on your stomach and back.